|Please be advised that due to these unprecedented COVID-19 times, we are currently backordered on the Zymessence and Zinc Citrate. At this time, we are still accepting orders with an anticipated ship date of 4/6. Thank you for your patience while we work to get everyone's order processing and shipping as quickly as possible.|
Dr. Wong is a pioneer in the natural health field and one of the first professionals to uncover the myriad of benefits of systemic enzyme use and then bring his findings to the public in an easy to understand manner. In the last 16 years, Dr. Wong has found an application for systemic enzyme (proteolytic enzyme) use to virtually every bodily function. In an effort to further his work, in 2007, Dr. Wong determined to create a systemic enzyme supplement that was superior to anything else on the market. When it debuted in 2008, Dr. Wong's Essentials® Zymessence® was the first systemic enzyme supplement of its kind on the market anywhere. Based on the nearly 60 years of clinical experience of German, Central European, and Japanese medicine with systemic enzymes and based on Dr. Wong's own learning and experience with systemic enzymes we present to you Dr. Wong's Essentials® Zymessence®.*
To meet his demands, Dr. Wong's Zymessence® supplement would need to be able to accomplish several goals:
- Persistence: The enzymes in Zymessence® would need stay in the body working for 24 to 36 hours.*
- Strength: Zymessence® would need to be able to taken in much lower doses than currently available products.*
- Enterically Protected: Finally, Zymessence® would need to have a superior enteric protection mechanism to shield the enzymes from stomach acid destroying their action.*
To meet his requirements for a systemic enzyme blend, Dr. Wong's Essentials® Zymessence® contains the following ingredients:
- Pancreatin (porcine): German medical research shows that animal based systemic enzyme blends stay in the body working for 24 to 36 hours.* While Indian pharmaceutical research shows that the purely vegetable based enzyme blends stay active in the body only some 4 to 6 hours. (1,2).* So with apologies to my vegetarian friends, our new enzyme blend contains highly active animal based Pancreatin (from porcine) instead of the vegetable imitations of pancreatic enzymes.* This will ensure "persistence" which is one way of being able to lower the dose that needs to be taken.* My experience is that since humans are animals (not vegetables), real animal Pancreatin does indeed absorb better and work better than the Pancreatin imitations from vegetable sources.*
- Serrapeptidase: In his private conversations with the late Dr. Karl Ransberger (an enzymologist Dr. Wong admired and held up on a pedestal), he related to Dr. Wong that the most important enzyme in a systemic enzyme blend was not the one in the highest quantity but the enzyme that has the highest levels of activity.* Dr. Ransberger told Dr. Wong how in enzyme blends the strongest (most active) enzyme acts as the director or a general enhancing the action of all of the other enzymes and targeting their action.* So, while part of the Zymessence® formula would contain a powerful undiluted animal pancreatic enzyme which naturally contains Trypsin and Chymotrypsin normally found in Pancreatin, Dr. Wong wanted to make the strongest active enzyme commercially available, Serrapeptidase, a part of the formula thus ensuring "strength".* Serrapeptidase according to the Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes is 5 to 8 times a stronger active enzyme than Chymotrypsin.* And, while Dr. Wong wanted a good stiff amount of Serrapeptidase in the blend, its milligrams per dose are not as important as its true enzyme activity.* Most enzymes sold are the lower-class food grade products and don't have a lot of activity, while higher-class pharmaceutical grade enzymes are an assurance of an enzyme working.*
- Bromelain: Bromelain is an extract that is a mixture of protein-digesting enzymes derived from the stems of pineapples.* Asside from its use in folk medicines, Bromelain is currently used in dietary supplements, cosmetics, as a topical medication for wounds and burns, and as a meat tenderizer.* Please note that allergic reactions may occur in individuals who are sensitive to or allergic to pineapples.*
- Papain: Papain is a cysteine protease (protein degrading) enzyme present in papaya.* Papain comes in various strengths. We use the strongest papain made because it is an excellent enzyme.*
The enteric matrixing of the Zymessence® is important due to the fact that some of the enzymes are sensitive to acids, or can be killed by stomach acid and need to be protected until they get into the small intestines and are absorbed so they can perform their functions as "systemic enzymes" (as opposed to digestive enzymes).* All of the enzymes in Zymessence® are enterically protected in their powder form by the advanced GRAS pharmaceutical enteric protection of Carbomer Homopolymer Type A USP/NF.* The "polymers" of Carbomer Homopolymer Type A USP/NF are simply many molecules linked together (for example: your skin is a polymer) and the polymers are made up of plant cell walls and plant mucilage (plant glue).* They are physiologically inert going in one end and out the other without any physiological action in between.*
The Proof of the Pudding is in the Eating, Try One Bottle of Zymessence® and Feel the Difference!*
- Oral Enzymes, Basic Information and Clinical Studies, published by Mucos Pharma, 1992, page 28.
- Exclzyme EN, Clinical Efficacy, Dr. V. Patki, Clinical Pharmacologist http://www.enzymescience.com/Dr%20Patki%20Study/C...
Suggested Use for Healthy Adults: As a dietary supplement, 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily in-between meals as needed or as directed by your health care provider.
Supplement Facts per 1 Capsule: Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 7mg (1% DV), Magnesium as (Magnesium Oxide) 9mg (2% DV), Pancreatin USP providing Protease 50,000 USP Units, Amylase 50,000 USP Units, Lipase 4,000 USP Units; Serrapeptidase 14,000 SU; Bromelain 150 GD Units; Papain 720,000 USP Units. Other Ingredients: Carbomer Homopolymer Type A USP/NF (enteric matrix), Gelatin (capsule), Maltodextrin, Magnesium Stearate.
This product contains no gluten, milk, eggs, wheat, soybeans, peanuts, tree nuts, fish or shellfish.
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.|